Lima Climate & Temperature
- Lima, Peru is at 12°1'S, 77°6'W, 13 m (43 ft). See map.
- Lima has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- The average temperature is 19.7 degrees Celsius (67.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6.45 °C (11.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 6.4 mm (0.3 inches) which is equivalent to 6.4 Litres/m² (0.16 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1474 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Lima you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Khlong Yai, Thailand where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Lima Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Lima Climate Graph in Metric Units
Lima Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Lima, Peru Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Yurimaguas, Peru - 690.8 kms (429.3 miles) N
- Moyobamba, Peru - 665.9 kms (413.8 miles) N
- Tarapoto, Peru - 618.9 kms (384.6 miles) N
- Tarauaca, Brazil - 816.3 kms (507.2 miles) ENE
- Sena Madureira, Brazil - 977.6 kms (607.5 miles) ENE
- Huanuco, Peru - 259.2 kms (161 miles) NNE
- Puerto Maldonado, Peru - 860.7 kms (534.8 miles) E
- Cuzco, Peru - 586.8 kms (364.7 miles) ESE
- Pisco, Peru - 214.4 kms (133.2 miles) SSE
- San Juan De Marcona, Peru - 429.6 kms (266.9 miles) SSE
- Juliaca, Peru - 844.5 kms (524.8 miles) ESE
- Arequipa, Peru - 766.9 kms (476.6 miles) SE
- Tacna, Peru - 995.3 kms (618.5 miles) SE